Sunday, April 15, 2018

Post #10: Information Overload!


We are constantly talking about how connected our students are, the pros and cons of technology in their lives, and how we can mindfully incorporate their connected lives into our classrooms.  At times, it’s also easy to forget how connected we are, the pros and cons of technology in our own lives, and how we can mindfully connect and disconnect in our daily routines.

After reaping the rewards of connecting to some amazing educators via Twitter and learning the latest tips, tricks, and updates via podcasts, it was easy to fall into the #FOMO mindset...the fear of missing out! My students have benefited directly from all of this new information, and as valuable as it all has been, I had found myself searching my Twitter feed more than ever.  Our high school baseball season rolled around just in time, forcing me to find a better balance between my school obligations, personal obligations, baseball obligations, and my passion projects.

Just a few weeks of “disconnecting” allowed me to realize there is still so much we can access at our leisure! There will always be something new to explore, but finding that balance is essential! Thanks to Meagan Kelly for providing us with a few tips to maintain a positive work-life balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: